Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hard to Swallow

Its always extremely hard when someone close to you dies. I dont know what is worse, the unexpected death or watching and knowing that the person infront of you will not be around much longer. It hurts. A lot.
Today i found out that a truely amazing man in my life is in heart failure. If they can not remove the fluid from around his heart it is only a matter of time before he is gone. A truely amazing man. It tears me apart even thinking about not having him around.
I held back my tears and tried to be strong when the news was delivered. I wasnt expecting it. He hasnt said a word about it. I want to believe in my heart that he can over come this and will be around longer (his is 91 now). He is a strong man. With one eye and half a jaw bone he has overcome cancer in his past. Im really hoping this wont stop him.

We went out to dinner the other night and Riley who is absolutely in love with him was being her usual crazy, flirty loving self, he laughed and said "boy, i really wish im around to see her when shes 10" that alone broke my heart...and now this. Its like someone is tearing it out of my chest.

I dont want to lose him.

Be strong Pepaw.

Also during this conversation johns grandmother was explaining to me that she is 88% blind now, and that the medication she is on (shots in her eyes) only have a 2% chance of working (so she stopped doing them, they are too painful for her). So its only a matter of time till she cant see anything at all (it will as if she is staring into a white light)
She got teary eyed and said "the only thing i could think of is how im not going to be able to watch Riley grow"

Its been a bad news day.
My heart is broken.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment